Mock exams are compulsory & hugely beneficial to rehearse assessment protocols (below) & ensure polished, fast & smooth examinations. Dancers receive written feedback on their knowledge of work, performance & dress standard.
All students MUST arrive 15-30mins beforehand ready to go, so you are prepared & we can keep on schedule. See schedule below
Hair needs to be worn in a bun or in a french plait. Hairspray is required so no wispy bits. See Assessment Protocols below for uniform requirements.
Please ask your teacher or see timetable on studo noticeboards if you are unsure what group you are.
|CLASS NAME||FINAL ASSESSMENT DATE||ARRIVE||FINAL ASSESSMENT TIME||EXAMINER|
|Pre Primary - A (Sparkling ballerinas)||Fri 29 June||8:30am||9-9:20am||Ms Corinne Yee|
|Pre Primary - B (Pink swans)||Fri 29 June||8:55am||9:25-9:45am||Ms Corinne Yee|
|Primary - A (Lollipop sweets)||Fri 29 June||9:10am||9:50-10:10am||Ms Corinne Yee|
|Primary - B (Candyfloss girls)||Fri 29 June||10:05am||10:35-10:55am||Ms Corinne Yee|
|Intermediate 2||Fri 29 June||10:30am||11-11:40am||Ms Corinne Yee|
Girls Dress: Regulation BBO chloe dress for Pre Primary & Primary levels. Navy leotard for Grades 1-5 girls. Black leotard for Intermediate Foundation + Practise skirts are not to be worn during assessments
Girls footwear: clean pink shoes with elastics & SOCKS for Pre Primary & Primary levels. Pink shoes with elastics & pink TIGHTS for Grade 1&2. Pink shoes with ribbons & pink tights for Grade 3+
Boys : Navy or black tights, white leotard, white socks, black shoes
Hair: Must be secured off face. Girls to wear a high bun (no wispy bits). A ribbon for your hair will be supplied on exam day.
A number will be supplied for each candidate to wear. This will be pinned on the front & back of dress or leotard.
Here is an example of girls hair for the exam. High bun prefered. No wispy bits & lots of hairspray!!! Please ensure you have hair pins, bun nets and hair ties in advance of weekend before exam - as there is often limited supply in Wanaka! IF YOU NEED HELP WITH BUNS - please sing out !!!
Hair in bun
Download copy ofBBO theory questions here. This document includes Grade 1 to 5, so just print off the page specific to your grade.
- HAIR = must be well groomed in a bun, neat, secured back and off face. No wispy bits – please use lots of hairspray and grips! Fringes are acceptable but must be clear of the eyes.
- No jewellery is allowed (including watches & stud earings).
- Any underwear worn should not be seen from beneath dress or leotard.
- All hair must be well groomed, neat and secure with no wispy bits – please use lots of hairspray and hair pins!
- Candidates will wear numbers on the front & back of their dress/leotard.
- Candidates must enter the room briskly, stand in their positions and greet the examiner - "Good morning or Good afternoon Miss Derby"
- Transitions to starting positions should be made quickly & silently
- Students may ask a question by raising their hand
- Students must be able to count themselves in with the music
- If a candidate does not conduct themselves in the appropriate manner during an examination, the examiner has the right to instruct the candidate to leave the room
- MEDICATION = inhalers & medical requirements are permitted in the examination room
- A box of tissues will be available in the examination room for candidates with winter colds
- Fluids & towels = water bottles, knee pads and towels are permitted in the examination room for students Intermediate Foundation upwards
- Bathroom = students should use the bathroom before entering the examination room NOT during examination
- Mirrors and windows will all be covered
- The examiner will be seated at a table in the front of the room