COVID GUIDELINES & FAQ'S
DANCING SAFELY IN ALERT 2
We can all play our part in limiting the spread of the virus, by taking personal responsibility for our health and acting accordingly to respect the members of our community who may be higher risk. Here is how we are managing this at our studios :
What dancers /parents need to do?
- All dancers MUST sanitise hands on entry/exit to the studio & continue to thoroughly wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds when visiting bathrooms
- Parents will drop-off & pick-up at entrance doors only. Dancers will not congregate in the waiting room & should arrive/depart on time dressed ready for class.
- Social distancing of 2metres will be maintained at all times between adults & children
- The waiting room is closed to visitors. Only registered dancers will enter the premise.
- The Contact Tracing Register & QR scanning code must be used by those visitors coming on premise with special circumstances only (eg guardian assisting young child).
- Enrolled dancers do not need to fill in the Register as attendance is taken in class.
- Dancers 12+years are encouraged to wear masks, but it is not mandatory. We will use local Secondary school rules & guidelines here.
- Unwell dancers must stay at home until you are well enough to return to class. 48hours no symptoms apply. This includes visitors & family members.
- Make sure you are eating nourishing food, staying hydrated and getting sufficient rest
What are we doing?
- Hand sanitizer will be available at entrance & in each studio
- Classes will end 5mins early so teachers can clean high touch surfaces such as barres & door handles between classes
- One toilet will operate with a paper towel dispenser (all other bathrooms are closed & should not be used for dressing)
- Safe physical distance of 2 metre will be maintained at all times in classes. We have non-slip floor mats to help your children with this in class
- Face coverings will be worn by staff (where able). We are currently seeking industry advice for our staff when teaching classes that include high physical activity and will use protocols regulated at local schools.
- There is a maximum of 12 dancers in each class
- No partner or contact work will be practised by dancers
- No “body touch” teaching correction policy will be used by staff
- Any props used in class will be cleaned after use.
WE WILL RETURN TO ONLINE CLASSES IF WE MOVE BACK TO ALERT LEVEL 3
How do we find out about ONLINE classes?
You will be notified by the Studio Manager by email. Your teacher will post zoom meeting links on Movitae for dancers. The Studio Manager will also send parents an email. If you want your son or daughter to receive the details via email directly, please ensure their own email address is registered on Movitae & inform the Studio Manager.
How long will Tem 3 classes run for?
Classes end Friday 2 October.
Online learning is not working for my daughter/son. What's on offer for us?
Stay in touch with us and let us know of your personal situation by email/phone. We are very accommodating to those current dancers & families in the school during this tricky Covid epidemic.